Field Service & Support Specialist
Field Service & Support Specialist is primarily responsible for conducting onsite inspections and consulting with customers on how best to implement the hardware and software aspects of VKGS products. Position requires approximately 60% overnight travel. Will identify technical and equipment problems and develop a strategy of corrective action to get the site up and running in the most efficient manner. Will maintain, inspect and troubleshoot existing hardware and software systems that make up the Video King electronic product line. Accountable for the onsite installation, repair or upgrade from start to end with flexibility to determine course of action.
Working with limited direction, typically operates from customer sites or from a home office. This position reports to the Director, TSS and may also receive specific requests for service from other Video King staff, the Help Desk Manager and Regional Sales staff. Assures that established procedures are utilized in all states and provinces to meet the needs of the company and are in accordance with Federal, State and/or Provincial laws and company purpose and objectives.
Duties And Responsibilities
(Customer Onsite Technical Consulting & Support, Home Office Administration Duties and/or Remote Help Desk Support)
• Conduct onsite inspections at customer sites to evaluate existing systems and determine priority need and course of corrective action. Incumbent uses a significant amount of discretion and independent judgment developing a strategy to upgrade customer sites or correct site deficiencies.
• Consults with customer to convey plan of action to resolve network or equipment failures. Performs one or more of the following actions at customer sites:
• Install Video King Gaming equipment in Gaming locations to include all computer hardware and software related to the system. Determine and suggest additional equipment, software or replacement parts are needed. Communicate additional purchases necessary to customer.
• Inspect, test, and verify the operation and accuracy of all electronic bingo/gaming devices encompassing the hardware and software components.
• Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair Video King Gaming equipment as needed/requested; conduct on-site inspections of new, upgraded, and/or existing devices, systems and associated software.
• Maintains accurate records of all maintenance, inventory, and security measures associated with the equipment; prepares technical work orders and ensures compliance with established Video King Gaming policies and procedures.
• Manages company expenses and submits expense reports in compliance with company policies.
• Maintain good relations with clients, bingo/gaming hall customers, and VKGS staff.
• Delivers equipment to and from client halls as needed; collects old/malfunctioning/ damaged equipment from client halls as needed/requested and determines how to return to collected equipment.
• Represents VKGS as a training consultant for gaming hall customers in all operational aspects of gaming systems hardware and software; actively consults with customers to identify potential and/or on going problems; works interactively with Help Desk staff to resolve issues.
• Communicates with management, Help Desk staff, and other TSS staff to diagnose problems, as well as keep them informed on technical issues.
• Responsible for a variety of administrative tasks including; preparation and submission of reports, following up on customer requests, work logs & worksite activity status reports, participation in planning calls or other staff meetings.
• Attends workshops, seminars, and meetings related to bingo/gaming technologies and all other associated computer hardware and software as required.
• Assist staff in setting up equipment for demos, workshops and meetings.
• All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities Required
• Requires an associate’s degree in computer science or related field and three or more years of related experience and/or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Microsoft Certified Professional or A+ Certification desired.
• Requires high level knowledge of microcomputer hardware, operating systems and applications; knowledge of network technology, and the Internet.
• Requires extensive criminal background check for gaming licensing purposes. Must possess and maintain a driver’s license and maintain the ability to retain gaming licenses.
• Incumbent will consistently work independently with very limited direction or supervision. Manages their own work schedule and is provided the flexibility to determine best course of action at customer worksites. Ability to stay focused, organization and accountability of work load & work schedule are essential requirements to be successful on a daily basis.
• Ability to analyze potential problems and select proper course of action and ability to install, configure and troubleshoot PC and network-related hardware and software.
• Ability and manual dexterity to install, operate and troubleshoot computers, peripherals, and other technical equipment
• Ability to make clear, concise, and effective oral presentations.
• Ability to deal with conflict and ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally with strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to deal effectively with all employees, as well as the general public, and to assist in the proper resolution of all questions/complaints.
Working Conditions And Physical Effort
(Customer Onsite Technical Support, Home Office Administrative Duties and/or Remote Help Desk Support)
• Typical work environment includes frequent travel (travel up to 60% with overnight stay) by auto or air to consult with customers, perform onsite installations or problem resolution at customer locations (inside gaming halls).
• Onsite visits typically require intermittent lifting and carrying of assorted materials and equipment from 25 to 40 lbs. and extended periods of exposure to computer screen and keyboard.
• Must possess and maintain a valid motor vehicle license and good driving record. If necessary, must be insurable under the company auto insurance carrier.
• Due to the nature of work being performed; new installation, repair & problem resolution; work schedules are not typical and will regularly fluctuate depending on workload demands.
• May participate in the on-call rotation.
We offer a creative, casual work environment with competitive wages . Please send resume, cover letter & salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org . Visit our website at www.videokingnetwork.com